Gimme Proof(s)

I'm about to link to a PDF of an essay published in Volume. But before I do I wanted to warn you that since there was no proof stage, and since the essay was hypercorrected in two rather crucial places, the publication makes me look like a bit of an idiot.

I'll list the corrections when I post the link.

The reason given for the errors is that the corrections were made transparently with "track changes." But track changes had been turned off on the version I received.

And that's not correct protocol anyway. One queries changes to an author's prose that are not obvious errors.

I know, I used to edit Eighteenth-Century Studies, which is the flagship journal in its field.

A set of proofs would have prevented this from happening.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Hard to be a Hornworm

A Portfolio of Historical Insects

The Amber Flame Tree