Biosynthesis: Same as It Ever Was

Here is the link to my essay.  The essay was hypercorrected as follows:

(1) The title was changed. (The subtitle became the title.)

(2) p . 20 line 35 (paragraph 2 four lines up): "possible space" should be "possibility space." The hypercorrection sounds too vague. 

(3) p. 22, column 1 line 6: "when I try to show you number" (not "when I try to show you a number"). This simply makes me look like a fool. Sorry! I can show you numbers easily: look—2, 3, 4... 


In addition to making me look an idiot, these changes communicate to me that the editors (I believe the guest editor helps run this site) didn't quite trust me. Granted, my essay was a bit of a gadfly in the side of "next nature." But this shouldn't mean I am not trusted to know what I'm writing.


When I used to edit a big journal, I always used to query substantial changes, rather than simply make them. And proofs would, as I specified earlier, have fixed these problems. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Hard to be a Hornworm

A Portfolio of Historical Insects

The Amber Flame Tree